Discover the charming beauty of Kyoto and beyond on bike tours and walking tours with Kyoto Fun.
Due to high demand, we will only be offering small group tours during the cherry blossom season from March 25th to April 9th. For inquiries about private tours email us at email@example.com
Choose from our Cherry Blossom Walks or Cherry Blossom Bike Tours or join the classic Early Bird tour or our popular Gion Night Walk.
Early Bird Walk & Taxi Tour: Daily from 6 am (3hrs)
*6:30 am start Nov 1st -Mar 15th
Discover two of the gems of Kyoto at the most magical time of the day. We take you to the two most famous sights in Kyoto all before breakfast and capture the moment in photos to last you a lifetime. Learn more about these incredible places which were established in the 8th century while your guide takes you quickly and stress free from place to place. Stay ahead of the crowd on the Early Bird tour!
- see the ancient gems of Kyoto at the most magical time of the day
- visit Fushimi Inari shrine and wander through it's 10,000 red gates
- explore the UNESCO World Heritage Kiyomizu temple in the morning light
- finish the tour at an amazing espresso bar where you can get tips on how to get the most out of the rest of the day
Kyoto Fun Bike Tour: Daily from 10 am (5 hrs)
Still one of our most popular tours and for good reason. Kyoto is perfect for two wheels and simply a delight to see on a cycling tour. Discover the charming back streets along the way as we take you safely and comfortably to some of the highlights and see the beauty of this amazing city. Our small group tours have a max of eight riders making it a safe and intimate experience. On Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays we take our guests on the West Side Tour and Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays on the East Side Tour. Sign up for both and see most of the highlights of the city in just two days!
- safely navigate the streets as your guide brings you along the most scenic and safe routes
- explore a Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines and admire Japanese gardens
- let the sights come to life with fun and interesting commentary from your guide
- enjoy cruising through the street like a local, Kyoto is a great city for cycling
Gion Night Walk : Daily from 5:30 pm (2hrs)
Discover the beauty of Gion at dusk as the geisha come out for their appointments. See the cobble stoned streets as the lanterns flicker on and learn all about this historic district of entertainment old and new. We make a night visit to a zen temple as well as two shinto shrines and can help give you some insights into the faiths which shape Japanese culture. Or choose a private tour and you can book a special table at a local restaurant or even pull out all the stops with a private audience with geisha from our partners at Kyoto VIP.
- walk through the geisha district and have a chance to see one up close and personal
- visit a zen temple and shinto shrine at night learning a little about the two faiths
- see the most beautiful streets lit up by lantern light
Custom Private Tour of Kyoto: flexible start times (6hrs)
As soon as you have booked we will send out a questionnaire to you so that we can plan the perfect day together. Choose from a huge variety of places to see, things to do and food to eat. This is really a tailor made day for just you and yours. Kyoto is a beautiful city to explore on foot, and we give you the option to take taxis along the way, so that we can save our energy for the most beautiful parts of the city. Or upgrade to have a private car & chauffeur with us the whole day. Enjoy Kyoto in style with the Private Walking Tour.
- fully customized tours with hundreds of combinations to choose from
- explore the temples and gardens on foot and choose from on foot, by taxi or with a private car and driver
- we know the best times to visit the sights and can make your special day in Kyoto stress-free
- add an extra like zen meditation, kimono dress-up or taiko drum lessons (based on availability)
- we can book a special place for lunch for you or add a visit to an quiet cafe off the beaten path