Discover the charming beauty of Kyoto on bike tours and walking tours with Kyoto Fun.
Early Bird Walk & Taxi Tour: Daily from 6 am (4hrs)
Beat the bus loads of tourists with an early start. See the top three sights in Kyoto all before breakfast and capture the moment in photos to last you a lifetime. Learn all about these magical places while your guide takes you quickly and stress free from place to place. Stay ahead of the crowd on the Early Bird tour!
- beat the crowds with this special early start; great way to get the most of your jet lag!
- visit Fushimi Inari shrine and it's 10,000 red gates
- see the famous World Heritage Kiyomizu temple in the morning light
- finish the tour at the famous Arashiyama Bamboo forest
Kyoto Fun Bike Tour: Daily from 10 am (5-6 hrs)
Still one of our most popular tours and for good reason. Kyoto is perfect for two wheels and simply a delight to see on a cycling tour. Discover the charming back streets along the way as we take you safely and comfortably to some of the highlights and see the beauty of this amazing city. Choose from Private Tours or Small group adventures with a max of six riders.
- safely navigate the streets as your guide brings you along the most scenic and safe routes
- choose from three classic routes or book a private tour and fully customize
- explore a Buddhist temple and Shinto shrine and admire Japanese gardens (entrance fees included)
- let the sights come to life with fun and interesting commentary from your guide
Gion Night Walk : Daily from 5:30 pm (3.5hrs)
Discover the beauty of Gion at dusk as the geisha come out for their appointments. See the cobble stoned streets as the lanterns flicker on and learn all about this historic district of entertainment old and new. After the walk we can stop by a local "izakaya" tapas bar for some local treats and a drink or two. Or choose a private tour and you can book a special table at a local restaurant or even pull out all the stops with a private audience with geisha from our partners at Kyoto VIP.
- walk through the geisha district and have a chance to see one up close and personal
- visit a zen temple and shinto shrine at night learning a little about the two faiths
- see the most beautiful streets lit up by lantern light
- enjoy some local treats at an "izakaya" pub or choose a private tour for even more options
Private Walk & Taxi Tour: flexible start times (6hrs)
As soon as you have booked we will send out a questionnaire to you so that we can plan the perfect day together. Choose from a huge variety of places to see, things to do and food to eat. This is really a tailor made day for just you and yours. Kyoto is a beautiful city to explore on foot, and we give you the option to take taxis along the way, so that we can save our energy for the most beautiful parts of the city. Or upgrade to have a private car & chauffeur with us the whole day. Enjoy Kyoto in style with the Private Walking Tour.
- fully customized tours with hundreds of combinations to choose from
- explore the temples and gardens on foot and choose from train, taxi or private car and driver to get from A to B
- we know the best times to visit the sights and can make your special day in Kyoto stress-free.
- add an extra like zen meditation, kimono dress-up or taiko drum lessons (based on availability)
- we can book a special place for lunch for you or add a visit to an quiet cafe off the beaten path